Unfortunately, we have seen that COVID-19 infections have risen sharply in recent days and the legal requirements for events have become much stricter. It was our intention to organize an attractive conference, but new restrictions of the Austrian government, which are valid from today (partial lockdown and exit restrictions during night, further tightening foreseeable, travel restrictions and vaccinations acceptance) make this impossible.
CIGRE NC AT has therefore decided to proceed as follows:
- The 3rd SEERC Conference will have to take place online and will be shortened in time to one day (November 30, 2021, MS Teams, you will get an invitation). All accepted papers will be published (CIGRE) and can therefore be cited. The online event will be organized in about four consecutive sessions and opening/ closing sessions including handover chairmanship (see below). All authors are invited to give a short online presentation followed by a discussion (limited number of presentation slots) and will be informed separately more in detail.
- The online event is free of charge. The access link will be distributed to all registered participants in time.
- The handover of the SEERC Chairmanship to the NC Turkey will take place as planned at the end of the meeting, but also online.
- NC AT is planning an new SEERC event for the 1st half of 2022, two days, same venue, Vienna, Radission Blu Hotel. The date will be 30.05.2022 – 02.06.2002. We plan to make this event under the focus “Green Deal for SEERC Region”. Details are still being worked out, but it is planned to include some program items that cannot take place online now, e.g. keynotes, history panel, NGN and WIE panels.
- All paid registrations can be credited for the event on 30.05.2022 – 02.06.2002. More details will be announced soon.
We ask for your understanding and hope that you will continue to stay connected to CIGRE SEERC.
I am personally very sorry for this development, but circumstances have not allowed any other option. I also would like to express my thanks to all the people involved for their efforts in preparing for the conference and I hope that the reduced form as an one day online event will work out well.
Chairman CIGRE SEERC
3rd SEERC Conference
On behalf of myself and the Austrian National Committee, I am pleased to welcome you to the 3rd Conference of the South East European Regional Council of CIGRE, SEERC, in Vienna.
The conference will be held in Vienna from the 30th of May to the 2nd of June 2022.
The South East European Regional Council of CIGRE (SEERC) expands the philosophy of Cigre as a central hub for information and knowledge sharing to South-East Europe. The close cooperation between those countries within SEERC offers better possibilities for development of the future power network and market to provide a safe and reliable electrical energy supply to the more than 200 million inhabitants of SEERC member countries.
- Transition to Future Power Systems in the SEERC Region
- Cross Border Cooperation in the SEERC Region
- Innovation and New Technologies in the SEERC Region